Saturday

Wonderful News in The Monkey World


Where before there was one monkey who carried a stuffed monkey everywhere she went, there are now two monkeys and no sign of the stuffed monkey. I assume the new one is a male. He is larger than the original monkey.



They're still getting to know one another. He spends a lot of time running around, moving close to her and then running around again.



She seems to be putting him in his place often :)

I expect them to become great friends and mates. I'll keep the news posted here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exciting! I'm so glad there are two now. I wonder if all the experience she had with the toy will help her mother offspring. Well, except for the part of pulling the stuffing out. :)

MattO said...

That is soo cool. I hope they are able to bring a bundle of joy into the zoo. It always brings in such excitement.

TonyV said...

I think that spider monkeys are my favourites of all the monkey species.

Linda said...

Monkeys are awesome. Their human-ness is what I think draws us to them so much. Nice shots!

Katie said...

I would love to pass these photos on to the keepers for these siamangs. Keepers often don't have the chance to get the candid shots of their animals

CC said...

Hey, The female is the "original" and her name is Joanne, the new one is a male, he is younger, and his name is Berani.

CC said...

Thanks for taking all the pictures, the pictures of the siamang are great, every time we take a camera out with us, she quits being cute